Job Profile: Office Administrator
8-10 hours/week, $15.75/hour
Mission and Values of Zion UCC:
Zion UCC seeks to inspire, equip, and empower people to do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with our God. We are progressive, inclusive, humble, bold, and loving.
The Role of the Office Administrator:
The Office Administrator will ensure the accurate completion of ongoing and special projects related to bookkeeping, record-keeping and organization.
- This position reports to the Council Treasurer for finance-related projects.
- This position reports to the Lead Pastor for other projects.
- This position works alongside the Council Secretary, sometimes in partnership with and sometimes assisting.
- This position coordinates with and supports volunteer leaders of Christian Education, Member Care, Mission & Outreach, and Facilities teams.
Goals and Expectations:
- Proactively make suggestions to improve Zion’s administrative procedures.
- Document all procedures for cross-training.
- This position works on-site (no remote work).
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Deposit weekly offerings, update donations in the church database, and produce giving statements at year end or as requested
- Pay invoices/bills as authorized by Treasurer, enter transactions in the bookkeeping sofware (bill payments, revenues, donations, etc.), reconcile bookkeeping software with bank statements
- Post interest and investment changes in bookkeeping software
- Prepare and process payroll, prepare paperwork and work with Treasurer regarding payment of quarterly payroll withholdings to tax authorities
- Organize and maintain office files
- Maintain office supplies inventory
- Answer church phone during while in office, check voicemail and route messages
- Assist with printing and assembling bulletins
- Assist pastor with correspondence, filing, etc.
- Assist pastor with special projects
- Check church mail, distribute to appropriate staff/volunteers, provide bills to Treasurer for approval, put checks aside for counting on Sunday
- Manage member information in church database (add attendees, update addresses/phone numbers, enter attendance numbers, update status for births/deaths/new memberships)
- Coordinate assembly of the church’s Annual Report
- Solicit information for and submit the annual UCC data report
- Follow up with first-time guests
- Assist with creation and sending of weekly Zmail
- Manage social media content
- Assist with creation of weekly slides for Sunday morning worship
- Post weekly sermon on blog, including embedding podcast and YouTube video
- Complete the copyright reporting of which songs we use each week
- Check church Gmail
- Able to be a good representative of and ambassador for Zion UCC, specifically including support of our identity as an LGBTQ-affirming church. Church membership is not required.
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Enjoys planning and managing projects
- Proactive self-starter who accepts constructive feedback and is willing to fail forward
- Proficient with social media, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Canva, Google Docs, MailChimp, WordPress, and customer management databases
- Not intimidated by technology, eager to learn new ways of doing things
- Reliable and emotionally steady
- Familiar with the Delaware community
Formal education is not required. A successful candidate confidently performs administrative, finance, and project management tasks and has some college experience.
Click here to answer a brief questionnaire before uploading your résumé.